ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
The Scientific Program Committee of the Pain Budapest 2019 Conference invites you to submit Poster presentations.
The Program Committee will review all submitted abstracts. All accepted abstracts will be published. Please note: Presenters of accepted abstracts must pre-register for the Conference by the early-bird deadline.
Abstracts must be submitted via this website. Faxed or emailed abstracts will not be considered.
Important Requirements (Please review)
- Abstracts may be submitted for poster presentation.
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts an author may submit.
- Abstracts must be original and must not be or have been published or presented at any other meeting before the Congress.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in the official Congress publications.
- Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by July 15, 2019, will be included in the Scientific Program.
- Each presenting author is responsible for his/her registration fee(s) as well as travel and accommodation costs.
- Presenters who are unable to attend the conference should arrange for another individual to present.
- Abstracts must be submitted by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission of the abstract.
- Abstracts are stating “data will be discussed in the presentation” will NOT be accepted.
Poster presentation submission opens: March 15, 2019
Poster presentation submission deadline: April 24, 2019
Notification deadline: May 24, 2019
Notification regarding abstract acceptance/rejection will be sent to presenting / corresponding author by May 24, 2019. If you DO NOT receive an e-mail notification regarding your abstract submission by May 24, 2019, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting / Corresponding author’s contact details: Email address and daytime and evening phone number
The Presenting / Corresponding Author is the person, whose contact details data were given when creating a new account. This author will receive all communication regarding the abstract status from the organizer.Author and co-authors’ details
- Please enter all authors in the order they should appear in the heading of the abstract. Presenting author should be chosen and marked.
Enter institutional affiliations of all authors. If one author has more institutions, please mark in the note field.
Full first and family name(s).
Authors’ names must be in upper and lower case (J.J.C. Smith)
Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, country
- Presentation type
You may enter up to 10 keywords that define your abstract. The keywords must be in English and can include numbers.
- Abstract title
Limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text
Limited to 250 words
(Please be sure not to include extra spaces and symbols as these are included in the word count. Word count is also affected when graphs/tables/images are included)
We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words. Typing your text directly into the field is not recommended.
Graphs and images may be uploaded in JPG, PNG and GIF format only. When including a table it is recommended to save the table as an image and then upload it into the abstract.
Special Characters and Formatting
If you copy and paste the title and/or body from a word document, special characters or formatting may not transfer. You may have to replace special characters and/or insert formatting tags using the character palette in the abstract submission website.
- Abstracts should clearly state
- Abbreviations may be used if standard or if spelled out and defined at the first use (put in parentheses immediately after the first mention of a term or phrase). Compounds should be mentioned with the generic name, in lower cases. Commercial names are admitted in the text, with an ®, and if in brackets following the generic name, i.e. “generic (Commercial ®)”.
- Abstract Topic
Abstracts must be allocated to a specific category for the Scientific Program. You will need to select the category most suited to your abstract.
- Draft abstracts
There is no option to save the abstract as a draft and to submit it at a later stage. If you do not send your abstract, the information will be deleted. After you submit your abstract, you can still re-enter the submission link at any time to view and edit your abstract until the deadline of April 24, 2019. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.
Carefully check the proof of your abstract. Make sure all special characters and formatting are displaying correctly in your proof. If you find errors, return to the abstract title, authors or body, and make your corrections.
It is the author‘s responsibility to submit a correct abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar, or scientific fact will be reproduced as typed by the author.
Upon receipt of your submission, the system will issue an e-mail confirmation (with the abstract’s ID and title) to the corresponding author automatically. If you do not receive this automatic e-mail message, your submission was FAILED!
Please check your browser or the submitted data.
You can modify/delete/change your abstract at any time during the abstract submission period.
Before submitting the abstract, the Abstract Submitter will be required to confirm the following:
- I confirm that I have previewed this abstract and that all information is correct and by the abstract submission guidelines provided on the Congress website.
- I accept that the contents of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes my consent to all congress publication.
- I warrant and represent that I am the sole owner or have the rights of all the information and content (‘Content’) provided to WIP 2019 (Hereafter: ‘Organizers’). The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
- I grant the Organizers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content.
- The Organizers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract which does not comply with the above.
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are correct, which will be used to notify me about the status of the abstract. I am responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
Ethical Committee Approval
You will be asked to declare that you have received ethical committee approval/exemption for your study or that no ethical review is required.
Conflict of Interest
You will be asked to confirm that you will disclose any conflict of interests in your presentation at the Congress.
If you have any difficulty with the submission process that you cannot resolve yourself, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org